We asked our Facebook Big Family Travel Community to share their packing tips.
Here are the top 6:
1. Lay out each day’s outfit, including socks, and roll it into a tight roll. It keeps all the pieces together and takes up less space! – B. Keesler
2. The boys use swim trunks as shorts so less to pack and always ready to get wet! – C. Houtz
3. Each child who is old enough to use the bathroom alone gets his/her own small bathroom bag–soaps, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, etc. Then Mom doesn’t have to dig through a bigger bag to find what each child needs. – S. Entingh
4. Pack children’s outfits in gallon zipper ziploc bags. easy to grab and go for getting ready,packing, and grabbing and extra change of clothes for diaper bags or the car. – B. Spurlock
5. We find it SUPER convenient to have a “jammie bag.” One duffel bag can fit jammies for the whole family, so when we pull in to our destination late at night, I just take in that bag and the kids, and start changing them while my husband parks and brings everything else in. Having the jammies all together in one special bag makes the late-night hotel arrival smooth sailing! – M. Wilson
6. I have 4 kids 5 yrs to 6 months. The best tip for packing that I can give is to only pack what what you absolutely have to have. Wash clothes if you can. Don,t take a lot of toys. We only let ours take a small pillow and one small stuffed animal. They can live without their toys.:) Use the hotel soap, shampoo ect. Or take travel size. – A. Felton
For more great packing tip ideas visit our Facebook page and become part of our big family travel community!