I Wanna Go! Monday
West Edmonton Mall
You’ve heard of the Mall of America but have you heard of West Edmonton Mall?
Located in Edmonton, Canada the mall is over 5.3 million feet. Yearly 30.8 million people visit the mall.
Why so many? What’s the big deal?
The West Edmonton Mall is much more than just a mall. Although it does have 800 stores and services. While that is impressive it’s the other attractions that make it a destination in itself.
The mall’s highlights include:
1. Deep Sea Derby – indoor water bumper boats on the world’s largest indoor lake
2. Ice Palace – indoor National Hockey League-sized ice skating rink
3. Sea Life Aquarium – underground aquarium with over 100 species of fish, sharks, sea turtles, penguins, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates. Check out Sea Lions’ Rock, home to four California sea lions that perform daily.
4. Ed’s Rec Room – arcade entertainment, billiards, and bowling
5. Galaxyland – The world’s largest indoor amusement park features more than 24 rides.
6. IMAX theatre
7. World Waterpark – the world’s largest indoor wave pool, tallest indoor permanent bungee tower, and more than 17 waterslides and play features.
There’s plenty to do to keep the whole family happy. Plus there are two hotels at the mall. One of which, Fantasyland, can accommodate families of 5 and 6.
Fantasyland has two types of room for big families. Superior Deluxe Room has 2 queen beds and 1 bunk bed set. The Luxury Canadian Rail Room has 1 king bed and 1 set of double bunk beds. (double mattresses set up in bunk bed style) plus a 4 person Jacuzzi. Theme is set up as if you are on the sleeper car of a railway.
With so much to see and do, I Wanna Go!
Tell me have you been to the West Edmonton Mall?