Review Detail

5.0 3 0.5
Breakfast AND Dinner!
Overall rating

Hotel Condition

Service & Staff

Amenities

Room Comfort/ Cleanliness

Our family of 8 stayed 3 nights at the Homewood Suites in Florence, KY when we visited the nearby Creation Museum. We booked a 2 bedroom suite, which had a furnished kitchen (fridge, microwave, sink, stove, dishes, utensils, dishwasher, etc--no oven in our room), a small table with 3 chairs, and a living room with easy chair, pull-out sleeper sofa, and TV. The bedrooms were on either side of the living room, both separated by doors. Both bedrooms were very big and had their own TVs (3 total). One had a king size bed (LOTS of extra room to fit a pack n play and luggage) and a full bathroom with the sink separate from the tub and toilet. The other bedroom had 2 queen beds, a big closet, and plenty of extra room for luggage, a pack n play, and room to spare! This room had another full bathroom with the large sink area separate from the tub and toilet. Our large family did not feel cramped at all, which can be unusual in hotel rooms!

The kitchen was on the small side and the table was not nearly big enough to seat 8, but that was not a problem for us because breakfast AND dinner (M-Th) were included! We used the kitchen to prepare our lunches for the day, and it was nice to have a full-size fridge and freezer to store our cold items. The breakfast and dinner had enough variety that everyone (even small and picky ones) could find something to eat, though if you needed to, there is a Walmart right around the corner where you could buy something to prepare in your kitchen. There is also a large square table in the buffet area that seats 8, a very rare find! I would recommend you arrive early enough to eat, because they did run out of some food items a couple of times. The food area was very busy and even though there was a table large enough to accommodate us, we had to split up among different tables a few times because it was occupied. Free drinks (wine and beer) were also available during dinner, which I have never seen before.

The pool and hot tub were a great way to relax after 2 days touring the Creation Museum, which was a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel. I also used the business center briefly which is centrally located between the pool and buffet area. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and when we arrived around 8pm on a Sunday night after a long day of driving with our 6 kids, one of the staff baked a fresh batch of cookies for them! I have already recommended this hotel to several friends, and will definitely stay there again when we are back in the area.

Family Size

Family Size
Family of 8
Age of Children
10, 9, 7, 5, 3, 1
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account