Of Arkansas’s 52 state parks, 12 feature cabins for rent. Of those 12, ten offer cabins that are big family friendly. Some cabins are historic CCC/rustic-style cabins built of native log and stone in the 1930s by the Civilian Conservation Corps. Others are modern one- and two-story designs.
All cabins in Arkansas state parks feature modern conveniences. Each cabin is fully equipped and most offer kitchens and wood-burning fireplaces. Fireplaces are available for use during the fall and winter months. Enjoy!
Located atop the forested hills in northeast Arkansas, Crowley’s Ridge State Park occupies the former homestead of Benjamin Crowley, whose family first settled this area. Native log and stone structures, constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, set the mood for this park’s rustic warmth. Park facilities include four fully-equipped, modern duplex cabins with kitchens; a 31-acre fishing lake (electric motors only); and a 3 1/2-acre swimming lake. Interpretive programs are offered here at the park throughout the year.
- One bedroom duplex cabin (2 available) can sleep six. One bedroom with two queen beds and a sofa sleeper in the living room.
- Two bedroom duplex cabin can sleep 6. Two bedroom-two queen beds and a sleeper sofa in the living room.
Devil’s Den State Park is nestled deep in Lee Creek Valley, a picturesque setting in northwest Arkansas’s Ozarks Mountains, ancient sedimentary mountains renowned for their natural beauty and lush oak-hickory forest. Rental canoes and pedal boats are available at the park. Hiking, backpacking, and mountain bike trails lead to backcountry areas in Devil’s Den State Park and the surrounding Ozark National Forest.
Fully equipped housekeeping cabins include sofa-bed, fireplace, full kitchen, bath/shower, air conditioner/heater, television w/satellite reception. Also included are your basic dishes, pots & pans, utensils, etc., range, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, iron & board, blankets, pillows, towels, and linens. BBQ grill and picnic table are located on the patio. The charge for each additional guest is $12 per person day. Children age 12 and under stay free.
- 2 Bedroom Cabins can sleep 6 – 4 available
- 3 Bedroom Cabins can sleep 8 – 4 available
Lake Catherine State Park is nestled in the natural beauty of the Ouachita Mountains on 1,940-acre Lake Catherine. Situated along the lakeshore are the park’s 20 cabins that feature fully-equipped kitchens. Most have wood-burning fireplaces. The charge for each additional person is $12 per day. Children age 12 and under stay free.
- Rustic Cabins – sleep 6. Five available. Queen bed in BR and hide a bed in LR. 1,2,3,5 on national hist register. Wood burning fireplace.
- Fourplex – sleep 6. Four available. Queen bed in BR and one hide a bed sofa and 2 hide a bed chairs in LR. Smaller units. No tubs, showers only.
- Duplex Cabins – sleep 6. Four available. One queen bed in a bedroom, two hide-a-bed sofas in the living room. Cabins 12 & 13 have wheelchair accessible showers but are not considered ADA cabins. Wood-burning fireplace.
- Duplex Cabins (interconnected) – sleep 6. Two available. Cabins 17-18 and 19-20 have an interconnecting door. 2 queen beds in BR and 1 hide a bed in LR. Wood- burning fireplace.
- 2-Bedroom (ADA) – sleeps 6. Roll-in shower (accessible). Wheelchair accessible-large fishing dock. Wood burning fireplace.
The Mississippi Delta’s captivating beauty and recreational opportunities come together at Arkansas’s largest natural lake, Lake Chicot. Cut off centuries ago when the Mississippi River changed course, this 20-mile long oxbow lake is a peaceful setting for fishing, boating, and bird watching.
- 2-Bedroom Cabin – sleeps 6. Six available.
Surrounded by the Ouachita National Forest, Lake Ouachita is known for its scenic natural beauty and the clarity of its waters. These pristine waters form the largest manmade lake within Arkansas’s borders. Named one of the cleanest lakes in America, 40,000-acre Lake Ouachita is a water sports mecca for swimming, skiing, scuba diving, boating, and fishing. The rate is based on six adults. The charge for each additional guest is $12 per person per day. Children age 12 and under stay free.
- 3 Bedroom Cabins with fireplace- sleeps 10. Two available.
- 3 Bedroom Cabin with fireplace and spa tub – sleeps 10. Two available.
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Cabin – sleeps 6. Three available.
You’ll find one of the most popular fishing and water sport areas in south-central Arkansas where Moro Bay and Raymond Lake join the Ouachita River at Moro Bay State Park. Park facilities include picnic sites, a store, a marina with boat rentals and a gas pump, standard pavilion (screened), playground, trails, and the Moro Bay Ferry exhibit featuring a historic tugboat and barge.
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath Cabin – sleeps 6. Four available. 2 bedrooms w/queen beds, full kitchen, satellite television, screened-in porch.
- 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath ADA Cabin – sleeps 6. One available. 2 bedrooms w/queen beds, full kitchen, satellite television, screened-in porch.
Overlooking the Petit Jean River Valley and Blue Mountain Lake, cabins on Mount Magazine offer breathtaking views in a rustic setting. The mountain offers sweeping vistas of broad river valleys, deep canyons, and distant mountains.
- 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath ADA Cabin – sleeps six. Covered deck with outdoor hot tub and view from the bluff.
Rising 1,350 feet, Mount Nebo offers sweeping views of the Arkansas River Valley. Park facilities include a pool, tennis courts, picnic areas, playgrounds, extra-large enclosed and standard open pavilions, and a ball field. The visitor center features exhibits and a gift shop. Interpretive programs tell about the mountain’s history and natural resources. Bring your own bike or rent one from the park visitor center.
- Modern 3 bedrooms, 2 baths w/spa tub – sleeps 6. One available. Largest Cabin – 1 bedroom is a loft bedroom.
- A-Frame 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and fireplace – sleeps 6. Two available. Only ADA Accessible Cabins – One of the bedrooms is a loft bedroom.
Petit Jean State Park, Arkansas’s first state park, has windswept views, enchanting woodlands laced with streams and wildflowers, and a spectacular waterfall called Cedar Falls. The park has distinctive features such as Bear Cave, the Grotto, and Natural Bridge.
- 3 Bedroom Rustic Housekeeping Cabin – sleeps 6.
Village Creek is Arkansas’s second-largest state park in land area. Park interpretive programs and exhibits share the story of the natural and cultural heritage of Crowley’s Ridge. The park visitor center includes an A/V theater, store, gift shop, and bicycle rentals.
- 3 Bedrooms w/ 2 bath Cabin – sleeps six. One available. Amenities include kitchens and a wood-burning fireplace.
Find hotels for big families in these popular Arkansas cities:
- Bentonville Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8
- Fayetteville Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8
- Hot Springs Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8
- Little Rock Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8
- Rogers Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8
- Springdale Big Family Hotels Sleep 5, 6, 7, 8