As I researched travel deals with Groupon, I came across a great deal for snow tubing in Winter Park. Normally a hour of tubing is $20/person, the Groupon special was $20 for two admissions and $39 for four admissions. I bought one of each for a total of $59. Since I’m a Groupon member, I received $10 off my purchase; which brought the total down to $49, a 60% savings.
Located beside the Vintage Hotel in Winter Park, the Coca-Cola Tubing area has four lanes of winter fun with different speeds to accommodate the most daring or meek snow tuber. We went at the end of the season and had about 25 -30 other people during our hour time slot which worked great since the lanes handle about 45 people an hour.
The lines went faster than expected and we managed to get in at least a dozen runs each. For small children and extra fun, tubers were allowed to sled in groups of 2, 3, or 4. This was especially helpful in making the lines shorter and quicker. A conveyor lift at the bottom of the hill allows effortless transport back to the top for tubes and people.
- Just 1.5 hours from Denver, Winter Park tubing can make a great day trip
- Check-in when the office opens to get your time slot for the day or if buying tickets online, reserve your slot online (when available)
- No need to pack a ton of winter gear, rent all your outerwear for $10/person
- Allow your family enough time, 5-10 minutes, to walk up the hill to the entrance before your time slot begins
- Every tuber must have their own tube, no lap riding
- Restrooms and hot chocolate are available at the warming hut
- Kids must be at least 36″ tall to participate
- Check Groupon for deals!
Fantastic family fun. We got in more than enough runs for what we paid and the one-hour time-space was perfect. Not too long, not too short. The experience was a great one for all, including nervous tubers, such as myself. The entire trip was family affordable and big family friendly. If this Groupon comes out again, I will definitely be buying and recommending it.